CBD Isolate Health Benefits
CBD shows great promise as a treatment for an incredibly wide range of diseases. This diversity of impact is due to it's impact on the EndoCannabinoid System - a vital homeostatic system regulating many aspects of human and animal health including inflammation, immune function and neurologic activity.
Note though that CBD isolate is broadly considered not to be as beneficial as other medical cannabis products and hemp extracts, because of the entourage effect.
Cannabidiol has been shown to have promise for a range of health areas - note that this research is at an early stage and is ongoing, and the only registered CBD drug is used for epilepsy.
Of all cannabinoids studied to date, CBD has shown the widest range of benefits, though this could be due to the lack of research on lesser known compounds. Regardless, it demonstrates a remarkable amount of medical promise for any "new" or existing drug category.
Some of the potential benefits of CBD isolate may include:
- Anti-cancer in some settings (always see a doctor first!)
- May help with Multiple Sclerosis Syndromes
- May help with chemotherapy treatment for cancer (efficacy/tolerance)
- May help some autism/ASD symptoms
- May help with ADD and ADHD
- May help with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease)
- May help with neurodegenerative disorders
- May help with quitting smoking
- May help with opiate withdrawal/replacement
- May help with other substance use disorders
- May help with insomnia
- May help with acne, psoriasis and some other skin problems (can be used both orally and topically)
Remember - these are all potential mechanisms at this stage.
In general they have good underlying science (mechanisms of action, animal studies) and anecdotal benefits. Some have been demonstrated in early stage clinical trials. Most of the above uses are currently the subject of formal clinical trials.
For more information see the clinical trials currently underway below, or contact a clinician who specialises in cannabis therapy.
CBD and Cannabinoid Benefits
As the above chart (source) shows, CBD shows promise in many therapeutic settings. The range of CBD isolate benefits are one of the widest of any drug known.
CBD Isolate Benefits are Being Tested in Clinical Trials
CBD Isolate may benefit patients with many health conditions, and is currently the subject of hundreds of medical research studies and clinical trials. Most of these are still in their early stages, but show that CBD is generally safe, well tolerated and rarely abused.