According to proponents of bee sting therapy, bee venom contains compounds with anti-inflammatory effects. By reducing inflammation, these compounds are said to promote healing and alleviate pain. One of thebee-venom compounds found to possess anti-inflammatory properties is called melittin
Bee Venom Powder is used for Bee stings and other conditions. Bee Venom Powder may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
- Bee stings
- Bee Venom Powder may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Bee Venom Powder Side-effects
- Trouble breathing
- Chest tightness
- Heart palpitations
- Bee Venom Powder may also cause side-effects not listed here.
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
Interactions with Bee Venom Powder
When not to use Bee Venom Powder
- High doses during pregnancy
Composition and Active Ingredients
- Honey Bee Venom
Packages and Strengths
Bee Venom Powder - Frequently asked Questions
Is Bee Venom Powder safe to use when pregnant?No
Is Bee Venom Powder safe while breastfeeding?No
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when using this product?If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when using Bee Venom Powder medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Bee Venom Powder. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?Most medicines don't come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, government's categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body's dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
Can i stop using this product immediately or do I have to slowly ween off the use?Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.
Other important Information on Bee Venom Powder
Missing a dose
Overdosage of Bee Venom Powder
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Bee Venom Powder, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Bee Venom Powder
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Bee Venom Powder.
Expired Bee Venom Powder
- Taking a single dose of expired Bee Venom Powder is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.